Course: Protocols and Computer Networks
Dr. D. Koren / Tel-Aviv University
Prepared by : Ran Shaham, Rachel Shemesh, Alon Gendel, Gal Shaham
The RS-232-C interface was developed for a single
purpose, unambiguously stated by its title:
Every word in the title is significant: it describes the interface between
a terminal (DTE) to a modem (DCE) for the transfer of serial data.
"Interface Between Data Terminal Equipment and Data Communications Equipment
Employing Serial Binary Data Interchange."
This document consists of the follwing issues :
- Nichols, Nichols and Musson "Data Communications For Microcomputers":McGraw-Hill
- Demas, Demas "Interfacing and Scientific Computing on Personal Computers":Allyn
- Stone "Microcomputer Interfacing":Addison-Wesley Publishing Company.
- Campbell "The RS-232 Solution":Sybex
- "EIA Standard RS-232-C" : Engineering Department, Electronic Industries